So, I have made up my mind, and here are the specs for the guitar
- Seymour Duncan Antiquity Texas Hot Vintage Set
- Fender Stratocaster White SSS pickguard and knobs
- Fender 5 Way pickup selector
- CTS 250K linear potentiometers
- Sprague Orange Drop 0.022uf capacitor
- 2 DPDT on-on mini-toggle
- Fender Staggered Locking tuners
- Graph Tech Black Tusq XL
- Gotoh NS510TS Bridge
All components are already on the guitar or have been ordered.
Oh, I have also ordered a cheap chinese 1Ply pickguard. The idea is to use it as a testing for ageing. I’ll be using shoe shine to do this. if it works and looks good then I’ll apply the same method on the pickguard. It is funny though, I have a 30 year old guitar, and the pickguard still looks white…. has lots of scratches, but still white.